Vanessa has over fifteen years of experience working in the communication field. From working in print media to being a writer at a nonprofit television network, she has the knowledge needed to help her clients excel in developing their public relations.
She is able to create all marketing materials including brochures, website content, social media, and online tools such as Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey for organizations. In addition, she is skilled in the creation and development of newsletters, press releases, and brochures including writing and design.
In addition, she provides coaching to help individuals improve public speaking skills and to write speeches for them. She has over ten years of experience as a public speaking and interpersonal communication instructor at a local community college. Her other expertise includes hosting workshops on social media, public relations, and organizational promotion for small business owners and nonprofit professionals.
Additional skills include experience in media relations including program and event promotion. Background in development including fundraising, capital campaign development, and grant writing. Finally, Vanessa is experienced as an event coordinator for small gatherings up through black-tie events.
- Master’s of Public Administration – Eastern Michigan University (2007)
- Master’s of Communication – Michigan State University (2004)
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Communication from the Honors Scholar Program – The University of Michigan-Flint (2003)
See Vanessa’s full LinkedIn Profile: Vanessa Ferguson
Completed additional training through the following organizations:
- Foundation Center in Cleveland
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Center for Nonprofit Success
Kris has over ten years of experience working in market research. His vast experience includes working with organizations in health care, real estate, animal welfare, and on political campaigns.
His specialties include working in a variety of social media platforms. Experience includes helping clients track outcomes through the creation of targeted advertising campaigns on Facebook and Google Ad Words combined with online engagement through an array of mediums.
- Master’s degree in health management and policy- The University of Michigan (2006)
- Master’s degree in human resources – Michigan State University (2004)
- Bachelor’s degree in political science – The University of Michigan-Flint (2002)
Completed specialty training in the following areas:
- Six Sigma Certification
- Focus groups